Thursday, January 21, 2010

Stroller skate

Today Lesley went Stroller skating! If you don;'t know what this is I have a pretty accurate representation below.Now Les really called it 'Stroller Sk8' to seem cooler with Em. I heard it was a blast and a pretty good work out.

I haven't been skating in a VERY long time...
As I posted on Facebook I am little awkward on skates. For one, I am already pretty awkward just cruising in my size fourteens. Then there is the added height. When I wear skates I hover somewhere in the 6'9-6'10 range.

Now imagine you are a little third grader on a play date with that cute boy or girl from recess. You are skating around the rink with the disco ball going with thriller or whatever playing in the background. As you turn the corner you see a sasquatch headed towards you... desperately trying to slow down but it is too late. I skid into you both taking out you, your date, and that little butt head showing off skating backwards and weaving in and out of everyone.

Maybe one day Emily and I can go skating together. Odds are I will try to keep her on the opposite side of the rink...

No comments:

Post a Comment