Tuesday, January 19, 2010

SOOOOO big

I am a blessed man.

First off- I do not need to hear from random strangers that I married up. I know. I see it in all our family pictures and I get to wake up next to Lesley every morning. All you ladies out there should really hate Les. She looks AWESOME all the time even when she is just opening her eyes in the morning... who needs make up!

Secondly, Emily is such a great baby girl. She sleeps through the night, has been healthy, and is generally a very happy little peanut (that is when her old man isn't messin' with her).

It is nowhere near Thanksgiving, but I am grateful for the following (the short list);
1) Family
2) Our Church
4) my job
5) Our friends
6) My counting ability (you thought that was a typo earlier didn't you...)

So work is hard right now- but it is always good for me to keep my priorities as I get into the hectic time of my year. I am playing the most difficult music with my band. This may not lead us to a 'sweepstakes' award at UIL but it will make all my students better musicians- plus I know they can do it! We are also doing our recruiting drives and a million other things.

The best thing about work used to be the kids. Now the best thing about work is providing for my kid... although I still like working with my 210 6th, 7th and 8th graders.

p.s.- our house was toilet papered over the weekend... good times.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! You are blessed! She is a beauty! She is adorable and so even-tempered! It's ok if you can't count. You are so fortunate to love your job, even if the reasons aren't exactly the same as they used to be. Your students are lucky to have a director that cares enough to want to challenge them.
    Oh, I hope it wasn't too difficult to take the tp down:P

    ReplyDelete